We’re happy to announce that Silo 2022.1 has been released, including a new built-in way to record time-lapse videos of your modeling sessions!
Plus we’ve fixed several bugs and added some nice workflow improvements, like hiding manipulator handles that point directly in/out of the screen, and drawing infinite work grids in orthographic viewports.
To record a time-lapse video of your modeling session, simply go to the File menu and choose “Start/Stop Time-Lapse Recording.” In the accompanying options window, you can choose the target time-lapse speed (1x, 2x, 5x, etc, though slower computers may not be able to record at speeds closer to real-time), video quality, and whether the video includes your full desktop or just the application window. Record yourself modeling a masterpiece and upload it right to YouTube, Instagram, etc with no additional software needed!
DOWNLOAD SILO 2022.1: nevercenter.com/silo/download
WATCH RELEASE VIDEO: youtu.be/5S_1FhhQH3w
What's new in 2022.1?
- Added built-in time-lapse screen recording (either including only the application window or your whole desktop) so you can easily record your modeling sessions to share online. Includes options for quality and speed.
- Made manipulators hide handles pointing mostly in/out of the screen to more easily access the handles you want
- Made orthographic viewport grids have infinite draw bounds
- Fixed area and lasso selection bugs
- Fixed bug where scrolling in numerical fields wouldn’t increment/decrement values consistently
- Fixed bugs in still screenshot functionality
- Fixed slowdown bug on Windows when assigning material texture maps
The update is FREE for all users who purchased Silo from nevercenter.com within the last year; simply download the new version from the Silo webpage. If you need to purchase an upgrade to your license, want to check if you need to, or generally check on the details of your license, you can do so at nevercenter.com/upgrade.
Enjoy! As always, we love to hear from you—send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. We want to hear your thoughts so we can keep updating with your requests, and we love to see what you are creating!