Silo 2023.3 is here with a long-requested feature: support for radial mirroring, which is essential for modeling wheels, spokes, complex gears, and any other cylindrical or radially-repeated shape! Also included in this release are some major under-the-hood improvements to noticeably improve memory usage and speed, especially on high-poly models. Grab the update and check out the video below!
WATCH THE VIDEO: youtu.be/eENMES2jfvU
DOWNLOAD SILO 2023.3: nevercenter.com/silo/download
- Added new Radial Mirror modifier, perfect for making wheels, tires, spokes, gears, and any other cylindrical shape or radially-repeated shape
- Most geometry operations are now faster, especially on higher-poly meshes
- Lower memory usage generally, especially on higher-poly models
- Most undo operations for geometry changes are faster
- Undo on geometry changes does better at keeping/restoring selection
- Fixed bug in scene editor where selecting nothing could make objects temporarily un-selectable
- Fixed bug in numerical editor where certain rotation values could make your object disappear
- Fixed bug where using the Extrude modifier above a certain poly count could cause crashing on windows
This update is FREE for all users who purchased Silo & Milo from nevercenter.com within the last year; simply download the new version from the Silo & Milo webpage. If you need to purchase an upgrade to your license, want to check if you need to, or generally check on the details of your license, you can do so at nevercenter.com/upgrade.
Enjoy! As always, we love to hear from you—send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. We want to hear your thoughts so we can keep updating with your requests, and we love to see what you are creating!